- Added: an engine configuration file for MBF that includes the beta state actions, and removed the beta actions from the regular MBF configuration.
- Added: RandomJump states are now recognized as using the state in parameter1.
- Added: thing index numbers in the things editor.
- Fixed: -1 state durations could not be entered.
- Fixed: crash when trying to display a sprite with an invalid file format.
- Changed: Detect additional thing flag delimiters supported by some source ports.
- Added: thing flag mnemonic name to thing flag tool tips.
- Changed: multiple thing flags with the same name can now be defined in engine configurations.
- Fixed: OpenShotgun and CloseShotgun action names should be OpenShotgun2 and CloseShotgun2.
- Fixed: added missing beta things, states and sprites to the MBF engine configuration.
- Fixed: added missing translucent flags to the Boom and MBF engine configurations.
- Added: a button to delete the selected IWAD in the patch settings dialog.
- Fixed: an ancient bug where the Raise and Lower actions are swapped.
- Fixed: state pasting not updating the filtered list.
Version 0.9.1 beta
- Changed: Allow patch load messages to be ignored.
- Changed: Make patch reading and writing less exception-prone.
- Changed: exit application after an exception has occurred.
- Changed: restructure startup into App object, and add exception dialog.
- Changed: adjust UI sizes to work better with large fonts.
- Fixed: exception dialog not closing application.
- Fixed: exceptions not displaying if a busy cursor was set.
- Fixed: clean the recent files list before displaying it in the startup dialog.
- Fixed: Fix cheat keys being displayed instead of names.
- Fixed: cheats being displayed in the wrong order.
- Fixed: Ammo & Keys patch key capitalization.
- Fixed: state action editing issues in non-extended patches.
- Fixed: do not fail silently when patch analysation fails.
- Fixed: the license file not being included in the 7zip build.
Version 0.9.0 beta
- Added: WAD reload menu option.
- Added: license and additional credits to about, convert resources to PNG.
- Added: sound editing functionality.
- Added: miscellaneous editing functionality.
- Added: par time editing functionality.
- Added: new editor iconography.
- Added: cheat editing functionality.
- Added: ammo editing functionality.
- Added: weapon editing functionality.
- Added: string editing functionality.
- Changed: write and read patch entries if only the entry's name has changed.
- Changed: adjust UI sizes to work better with high-DPI display settings.
- Changed: draw a "floor" in sprite previews.
- Changed: move thing names list and display more data in it.
- Changed: move license text to a messagebox.
- Changed: sort action choices alphabetically.
- Changed: do not hide patch settings when browsing for a file.
- Changed: internal code comments and cleanups.
- Fixed: miscellaneous UI bugs.
- Fixed: mark patch as modified after setting a state or sound.
- Fixed: toggling a thing projectile flag not updating it's speed.
- Fixed: some listview columns being too wide.
- Fixed: file dialogs not being modal when they should be.
- Fixed: a patch engine detection bug.
Version 0.5.0 alpha
- Initial release.
The source code for WhackEd4 is available under a BSD 2-clause license, and can be viewed or forked on GitHub. Any contributions are more than welcome, provided they retain the coding style used in other WhackEd4 code, and are actual useful features for WhackEd4 to have.